View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:55

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Koppla pedaler? 

Om du bara har det i en rak kedja så prova den ordningen du skrev, men med wah wah'n först eller i mitten. Sen kan du prova att byta plats på LGW och sunface.

Pedalbordsnyfiken.

15 Nov 2009, 15:56
Profile WWW

Q: Is there a specific order my effects should go in?

A: Yes and no. There are some guidelines that can be followed to make sure odd things don't happen. There have been times when a compressor after a delay pedal or reverb unit has caused some bad (good?) effects, there have been brilliant moves to place effects in certain orders that break most rules, but below is a guideline I came up with and was published in Musician's Hotline Magazine. Nice things is it gives you a way, a phrase to memorize so that when you're on the road, you can get it right if you pick up a new effect.
Placing effects in a logical order will help! This list of effects order is just a general guideline. Some of the best and most unique guitar tones have been created by breaking the rules! You guys need a head start at good tone right?! A way to make life easy right?! I came up with a little phrase to help remember the order because even I forget. Ask yourself this when you wonder about effects order or placement: Which Chain Of Effect Pedals Makes Life Easy? All you have to do is remember this phase and which letter corresponds to which type of effect. Wah -> Which, Compressor -> Chain, Overdrive -> Of, EQ -> Effect, Pitch -> Pedals, Modulation -> Make, Level -> Life, Echo -> Easy. I like to see wah pedals and sometimes even phasers as the first effect after the guitar. We#65533;ll call these Wah effects (yes even the phaser). Wah pedals boost a frequency you sweep to with your foot and phasers cut or notch a frequency that is swept to electronically. Distortion pedals make interesting response changes to the boost or cut from these sweep pedals. Compressors typically go next although I like them after distortion pedals in many cases if the compressor is clean and transparent enough. Compression after distortion has two effects that I really like. First, the noise floor is lower because the noise from a compressor isn#65533;t being amplified and distorted by the overdrive pedal. Second, there appears to be more sustain. There is one draw back that some people notice and that is a darker, warmer tone. Some folks might prefer a more conventional, brighter tone. Next comes Overdrive or distortion. Equalizer pedals can go next. They are commonly used for a boost pedal if they can be turned on and off, or used to shape the tone of the distortion pedal. Pitch changing pedals, Vibrato for example; go next for the simple reason that many distortion pedals can#65533;t handle the many pitches at one time. Try strumming a complex chord with your distortion pedal on, say a C7#9#11. Modulation effects go next such as chorus and flanging go next. Level pedals that control the volume go next in many cases. This would include tremolo, volume pedals (great at this point in the effects chain because it cuts all the hiss going to your amp), noise gates and limiters. Since compression is a limiter in many cases and this is why it works post-distortion by the way. Echo effects go last. These include delay and reverb. A sample effects board might contain these effects: Guitar -> Wah, Compressor, Overdrive, EQ, Vibrato, Chorus, Tremolo, Volume Pedal, and Delay-> Amp.

15 Nov 2009, 15:57
Profile WWW

wah wah - sunface - lgw - vibe - repeater

15 Nov 2009, 16:12
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Robert Keeleys rekommendation:

Q: Is there a specific order my effects should go in?

<font color="red">A: Yes and no. There are some guidelines that can be followed to make sure odd things don't happen. There have been times when a compressor after a delay pedal or reverb unit has caused some bad (good?) effects, there have been brilliant moves to place effects in certain orders that break most rules, but below is a guideline I came up with and was published in Musician's Hotline Magazine. Nice things is it gives you a way, a phrase to memorize so that when you're on the road, you can get it right if you pick up a new effect.
Placing effects in a logical order will help! This list of effects order is just a general guideline. Some of the best and most unique guitar tones have been created by breaking the rules! You guys need a head start at good tone right?! A way to make life easy right?! I came up with a little phrase to help remember the order because even I forget. Ask yourself this when you wonder about effects order or placement: Which Chain Of Effect Pedals Makes Life Easy? All you have to do is remember this phase and which letter corresponds to which type of effect. Wah -> Which, Compressor -> Chain, Overdrive -> Of, EQ -> Effect, Pitch -> Pedals, Modulation -> Make, Level -> Life, Echo -> Easy. I like to see wah pedals and sometimes even phasers as the first effect after the guitar. We#65533;ll call these Wah effects (yes even the phaser). Wah pedals boost a frequency you sweep to with your foot and phasers cut or notch a frequency that is swept to electronically. Distortion pedals make interesting response changes to the boost or cut from these sweep pedals. Compressors typically go next although I like them after distortion pedals in many cases if the compressor is clean and transparent enough. Compression after distortion has two effects that I really like. First, the noise floor is lower because the noise from a compressor isn#65533;t being amplified and distorted by the overdrive pedal. Second, there appears to be more sustain. There is one draw back that some people notice and that is a darker, warmer tone. Some folks might prefer a more conventional, brighter tone. Next comes Overdrive or distortion. Equalizer pedals can go next. They are commonly used for a boost pedal if they can be turned on and off, or used to shape the tone of the distortion pedal. Pitch changing pedals, Vibrato for example; go next for the simple reason that many distortion pedals can#65533;t handle the many pitches at one time. Try strumming a complex chord with your distortion pedal on, say a C7#9#11. Modulation effects go next such as chorus and flanging go next. Level pedals that control the volume go next in many cases. This would include tremolo, volume pedals (great at this point in the effects chain because it cuts all the hiss going to your amp), noise gates and limiters. Since compression is a limiter in many cases and this is why it works post-distortion by the way. Echo effects go last. These include delay and reverb. A sample effects board might contain these effects: Guitar -> Wah, Compressor, Overdrive, EQ, Vibrato, Chorus, Tremolo, Volume Pedal, and Delay-> Amp.</font id="red">

Jisses... vem f-n orkar läsa sånt där??? [:I]

<hr noshade size="1">Image<font size="6"><b>Monkey<font color="red">Business</font id="red"></font id="size6"></b><font size="2">
Learning to play with a big amplifier is like trying to control an elephant (-Ritchard Hugh Blackmore)</font id="size2">
http://www.ostmansmusik.se/

15 Nov 2009, 16:39
Profile ICQ WWW

Skulle nog lägga viben före fuzzen. Antar att de är true bypass och då ska det vara lugnt. Annars är en del fuzzar kinkiga med vad man lägger före i kedjan.
Men prova och flytta runt pedalerna lite och lita inte blint på alla råd utan se dem mer som riktlinjer. Du kanske finner ditt drömsound efter att ha placerat pedalerna helt mot principerna:-)

Hur låter repeatern förresten? Rätt sugen på en...

/Thomas

15 Nov 2009, 18:33

Intressant tråd! Jag ska (detta eviga projekt) bygga ett nytt pedalbord snart och tänkte börja planera ordningen lite. Jag har följande pedaler att inkludera:

- Boss TU2
- Fulltone Fatboost 3
- Dunlop Crybaby (ska stinkfoot-moddas)
- Maxon OD808
- Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
- Fulltone OCD
- Digitech Whammy
- Boss volympedal
- Fulltone Supatrem
- T-Rex Replica

jag har sällan wah-wahn, Whammyn eller volympedalen inkopplade, men det är den ordningen jag använder mig av. Att ha stämapparaten senare i kedjan våre väl em god idé, men mina pedaler är så tysta så det behövs inte.

Planerar att köpa en Fulltone Deja Vibe också och även en keeley compressor. Sen jävlar ska det byggas pedalbord! :D

[url="http://www.gertrud.se"]Image[/url]

11 Feb 2010, 02:47

Jag har en fuzzfactory som nästan måste komma först pga kinkiga germaniumtransistorer. Jag har även en Lovepedal Pickle vibe som med en ren förstärkare låter bäst först i kedjan. Om den hamnar längre fram i kedjan låter den enligt mig för skarpt i ljudet. Speciellt om fuzzen ligger före. En stärkare satt med lite lätt overdrive jämnar ut detta ganska bra. ( alt overdrivepadal efter viben)
Wah läggs ju oftast först, men får ju ibland hamna längre fram i kedjan, då den som bekant skapar en del oscillation tillsammans med vissa fuzzar.
Det låter ju väldigt olika var hamn placerar dem, men det finns ju egentligen inga rätt och fel. Mitt enda måste är att lägga fuzz före min crybaby, då det omvända skapar TJUT!! Ljudmässigt hade jag föredragit det omvända, men lite kompromisser får man kanske tåla.

11 Feb 2010, 09:27
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]