View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:26

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Några frågor om 50/60-tals telekroppar 

October 1950 to mid 1956: All models used Ash as the body wood. Most ash bodies are two or even three pieces, but sometimes a one-piece body was used.
Mid 1956 to current: All models used Alder as the body wood. The ONLY exception to this is if the model had a "blond" finish. In that case, the body would was ALWAYS Ash. For example, since the stock finish on a Telecaster is "blond" (a translucent white color), all blond Telecasters are made of Ash. If a post-1956 Stratocaster was ordered in blond, it too would be Ash. To summarize, if the Fender instrument is later than mid-1956, and was originally not blond in color, the body wood should be Alder! Most alder bodies are 2 to 4 pieces. Alder trees do not grow "big", so multiple pieces were used for Fender guitar bodies. The number of pieces has little effect on sound or value.

http://www.myspace.com/magicjohnssonthemeanmistreaters
I´ve paid my dues I've got the right to play the blues.

27 Jul 2008, 12:08
Profile ICQ WWW

Alla telekroppar fram till 1963 har en knölighet i fräsningen där cutaway:en möter halsfickan ungefär vid 20-21 band: "routers hump".

Senare femtiotalstele (ca 1953) får en plan yta som bryter ytterkonturen precis vid jacket så att detta passar bättre. Det verkar variera lite hur markerat det här planet är men en tumregel är att det blir mer och mer uttalat ju längre in på sextiotalet man kommer.

27 Jul 2008, 13:54
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]